Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Year, Newish Goals

I made new goals for the year. I am going to actually lose weight this year. I am going to run the Boulder, Boulder. I am going to get a B or better in all of my classes this year. These will be challenging goals, but I can achieve them. I will achieve them.
The first goal of losing weight is something I have been saying for a few years now. I am determined that this is my year. I am going to be down to 135 pounds by the end of they year. Had a good start in January. I am down to 171 pounds. The only thing I really changed is that I have been drinking less soda and taking my lunch to work. These changes were made partially because I wanted to lose weight and partially because I can't afford to have vending machine lunches anymore. I am also going to start working out again this week. My goal for this week is to get at least 20 minutes of exercise 3 times.
My next goal for the year is another one that I have listed before. I am going to run the Boulder, Boulder. I have wanted to do this since my dad participated when I was in high school. I am now married to someone who loves running, and he has ignited this dream again, I can't go running outside while it is this cold because of my asthma, but I will start running as it warms up. I am going to do the couch to 5k plan. I have an app on my phone that will help me do this. I am hoping to be able to start this 9 week program in 2 weeks. That will give me time to get up to the 5k level as well as give me a few weeks to continue running the distance before taking on the race with my husband.
My other goal for this year is to get a B or better in each of my classes. I have been struggling in school for quite a while. Last year I was kicked out for non-participation. This year, I am on academic probation because I failed both of my classes last term. I have finally decided that the degree program that I carefully thought out 3 years ago is the right one for me. (I really do like learning about business.) I think that I just needed to get through some junk in my life before I could focus on my future. Now that my present life is better, I am determined to keep up with making it better. I am going to get my degree and have the life that my family deserves! The way that I am going to do this is by getting all of my assignments turned in on time. So far I have C's in each of my classes, but I am only 4 weeks into my 12 week term. I will keep working hard and bring them up to B's in no time.
I know I need to report my progress to someone to meet my goals. I have support at home from my husband to talk to about my daily progress and ways to better fit my goals into the time that I have available, and I will report on my blog weekly. I don't expect that everyone will want to read my progress, but I can track it better by writing and reading my weekly posts.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Good luck Rosa! You can do it! I'm so glad that things are better and you are doing well! Keep it up!

Jami said...

Well, I, for one, would love to read about your progress. :)