Friday, July 19, 2013

I Just Want to Go Back

When I started the re-entry process with Everest University Online, I was told I would be starting classes on Monday. It turns out that I still had a long process to go through once my appeal was accepted before I could start classes. My appeal was accepted last week. This week I had to go through the application process and work with financial aid. When I spoke to an adviser on Monday, he said that it would be an easy process and since I was unable to complete it while on the phone, he would send me step by step instructions to complete when I got home after work. Then, he would send my info to financial aid so that I would be able to have that completed the next day. I told him that I didn't like that classes had already started and didn't want to start too far behind. He said that I should be ready in two or three days. I was fine with that because I was taking two days off plus the weekend for my birthday and could devote more time to homework without worrying about the end of the week crunch that I was trying to stay away from. I, also, didn't want to have to start a week late into the term. I have done that before and it wasn't a good start for the term. I know and understand that I am the one who had bad grades causing me to be dropped form the program and have to go through this process, but I would think that since I did make an agreement to improve, and finish the program, they would at least make it easier to get back in. It seams like every time I ask if I can be registered and get started, there is some other form for me to e-sign or re-do. It is now Friday. Assignments are due Saturday night. I can't make up class discussions. The last term that I was in I was enrolled late due to some computer glitch that affected many students, and the teachers wouldn't give extentions. What if that happens again? Since I am on academic probation, I have to get ALL assignments turned in this terms to continue. At this rate, I will not be able to complete the first week. When I am finished with this program, and/or have raised my GPA enough to transfer to another school, I will NEVER attend this school again. I am also warning anyone who reads this DO NOT attend Everest University Online! They set you up for failure!

No comments: