Monday, July 4, 2016

"Gender is an Essential Characteristic"

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/317574211200664155/

We are not born either male or female by accident. We have always been male or female. We were made that way to complement each other in marriage. In his talk "Marriage is Essential to His Eternal Plan," Elder David A. Bednar said, "For divine purposes, male and female spirits are different, distinctive, and complementary...By divine design, men and women are intended to progress together toward perfection and a fullness of glory. Because of their distinctive temperaments and capacities, males and females each bring to a marriage relationship unique perspectives and experiences. The man and the woman contribute differently but equally to a oneness and a unity that can be achieved in no other way. The man completes and perfects the woman and the woman completes and perfects the man as they learn from and mutually strengthen and bless each other."
I am glad to know that I didn't just happen to be born a girl for no reason. I am very happy to know that I was not meant to do everything on my own. God put me on this earth as a woman with characteristics specific to women. My husband has characteristics unique to men. Together, we can do anything! There is no need and no way for me to compete with him.

No comments: