Friday, January 1, 2021

Resolution Time

My resolutions went very off track last year, but I am not too upset about that. The time I have spent working from home was getting to me for a while. I even ended up in therapy for about a month. Now, I can see what a blessing it has been for me to be home with my kids since March. I have a closer relationship with my daughter which is HUGE because we had been struggling for a while. I have been here for Sean whenever he needs a hug. I will never wish these things did not happen. 
Now, we are headed into a new year. I need a goal. That is what I am told anyway. I get it. Having a goal with a deadline is best. I need to find a way to not lose sight of the goal. I need a focus for the year that I can break up monthly, weekly, and daily. 
I would love to be closer to Eric like I was a few months ago, but I think I need to back off a bit and let him grow up more and make his own mistakes. Plus, I can't make resolutions that depend on someone else's choices. I will keep praying for him and doing what I can to show him love when he is home.
I really want to make my health a priority this year. I have made some good changes over the last few months, and I want to continue to do this. In November, I started intermittent fasting with the help of an app called Simple. Within a few weeks, I was able to lower my thyroid medicine and officially had my first good liver enzyme test since my fatty liver disease diagnosis These are great indications that I am on the right track to being healthier even though I am not really seeing a difference on the scale. I really believe that if I can get my eating more on track, I will start seeing that difference. At the same time, I know I need to make sure I am exercising regularly. That is another thing that I have been doing for the past few months. I go to the gym about 4 times a week. I can see the difference in my strength and endurance because of this. I, also, know that it will help me have a body shaped how I want it to be. (I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a vision of how I would like to look.)
This is a long way of saying that I want to be healthier in 2021. They way that I will measure this is by looking at my weight and blood test results which I have to do regularly because of my medical problems. My goal is to weigh 160 by next Christmas and continually have good blood test results (I don't think I can go lower in my meds because my thyroid will never fully function properly). This will be almost 40 pounds of weight loss. I think I can do this because it is about what I weighed when Chad and I got married 9 years ago. To accomplish this, I will decide on a monthly habit to work on that compliments the habits that I have in place. 
To keep myself honest, I will post my monthly goals on my blog and track my weekly progress on a blog I share with a friend. I can do this!

1 comment: