Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Atomic Habits - Book Review

For the last couple of months, I have been reading Atomic Habits by James Clear whenever I get the chance. (Let's face it. I am a full-time employee, part-time student, mother, and wife. It takes me a while to read books sometimes.) I love this book. It has given me a clearer direction on how to create habits that will help me become the person I want to be. I will definitely be refining my process as I try to improve myself day by day. 

At the beginning of the book, it talks about the importance of improving one percent at a time rather than going from 0 to 100 all at once. By improving one percent at a time, we are breaking everything down into manageable bites. If the habits are too hard, we are more likely to give up. Also, making too many changes at once is less effective than making small, intentional changes little by little.

This book breaks down how to create new habits by using stories to show the importance of four different steps to creating lifelong habits as it emphasizes the importance of making small steps. First, make it obvious. Then, make it attractive. Next, make it easy. Finally, make it satisfying. 

There are so many great quotes from this book! I wouldn't even know where to start. I highly recommend anyone who wants to make improvements in any area of their life. It is an amazing book!

No comments: