Saturday, September 14, 2024

Soap Day!

 

I made soap today! I love the process of making things, and soap is definitely one of my favorites. I started making soap for when I had an Etsy shop thinking that people would love to buy handknit washcloths and handmade soaps. I was wrong. My sister was the only one that bought them. After closing my shop, Chad and I decided to use the soap as hand soap in our bathroom. I loved it and have made it a lot since then. 

I use a recipe from The Spruce Crafts that I love. It is easy to follow and comes out good each time. I have made it with peppermint, tea tree (my favorite for soap), and cinnamon (crossing my fingers it works). I prefer making it in molds rather than a block that I have to cut because molds are fun and pretty and don't have to be cut. I have bugs, flowers, and dog prints. I don't think I will ever make a block as long as I can keep buying chocolate molds. 

No comments: