Monday, October 26, 2009

A Present for Me

Upon arrival of my home this morning, everything seemed nice and peaceful. The dog was in her kennel sleeping. The house was quiet. The lights were off (other than the porch light that John leaves on for me so that I still feel welcome when I get home). The kids were all in their own rooms...sleeping? Maybe not.

I went to my bathroom and got ready for bed. Something seemed off (you know that mom feeling that you get sometimes). I looked around the room before climbing into bed. I looked down the hall to Noel's room. Her door was open. That is not a normal thing because we always close the kids' bedroom doors when they go to bed even if they get up for some reason and have to go back to bed. The kids' bedroom doors are always shut.

I decided to investigate. Who knew, maybe she had gotten up to go to the bathroom or climbed into my bed late at night with out John knowing and didn't close her door. I looked into my bed. No Noel. I went into her room and looked in her bed. No Noel. I was about to go look on the couch when a startled Noel looked up from the floor in front of her dresser...NAKED.

I asked her what was going on. She said that she threw up on my pillow and needed clean jammies. After asking her some questions, I found out that she had only thrown up that one time all night and only on my side of the bed. I felt...loved? Hmmm...I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I can laugh about it now, but I had to sleep on the couch this morning because I was just too tired to deal with it. (I know that is gross, but that is just me.)

5 comments:

Jami said...

Soooo.... did John just leave the puke for you to clean up?? Nice.

taradon said...

Oh dear, that's not what you want to come home to!! Hope she recovers quickly and no one else gets it.

Druciana said...

John can't clean up puke because the smell would make him puke. That would just be more mess. It is a lot easier if I just handle it from the get go.

Tera said...

So did John sleep with the puke all night? Or was he asleep on the couch with you too?

Cute Noel was trying to clean it up all by herself. So helpful!

Druciana said...

I guess I must clearify a bit. It was just a little bit of throw up on my side of the bed. It was as if she hadn't eaten dinner. She ate a lot for dinner, so I don't know what the real issue was. She was just fine by the time she got up to start her day about an hour later.