Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Morbid? Maybe...

Last week, I felt a great need to find my mom's and brother's obituaries.  It took a lot of looking to find a website that not only had obituaries that old, but also didn't require a monthly subscription.  I did find one that I only had to pay per obituary  that I wanted.  I was glad to find them.  This what I found:


Rocky Mountain News (CO) - September 7, 1996
Deceased Name: SANDRA LEE CRAWFORD
SANDRA LEE CRAWFORD, 43, of Broomfield died Aug. 30 in Las Vegas, N.M. Services were Sept. 6, with burial at the Golden Cemetery. Mrs. Crawford was born in Lincoln, Neb., on March 4, 1953. She married Robert Mitchell, 1976. She was a homemaker, and member of of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Survivors include daughters Rosa Mitchell and Marleah Mitchell, both of Westminster; sisters Linda Dale of Arizona, Sharon Bolt of Nebraska; brothers Gale of Washington, Gary of Nebraska.

Rocky Mountain News (CO)
Date: September 7, 1996
Edition: Final
Page: 14B
Record Number: 9609110142
Copyright (c) 1996 Rocky Mountain News


Rocky Mountain News (CO) - September 10, 1996
Deceased Name: ANTHONY ROBERT MITCHELL
ANTHONY ROBERT MITCHELL, 19, of Denver died Aug. 30 in Las Vegas, N.M. Services were Sept. 6, with burial at the Golden Cemetery. Mr. Mitchell was born at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska. He was a printer at C & M Press. Survivors include his father Robert of Westminster; sisters Rosa and Marleah, both of Westminster; fiancee Rebecca Hardendorf of Arvada; grandparents Lewis and Ila of Michigan.

Rocky Mountain News (CO)
Date: September 10, 1996
Edition: Final
Page: 22B
Record Number: 9609130027
Copyright (c) 1996 Rocky Mountain New

3 comments:

Jami said...

I didn't know your brother was engaged! Dude.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about your mom the other day. I am glad you posted this, but it makes me sad at the same time. Miss you and hope you are doing well.

Krystn

Druciana said...

@Krystn
You were definitely my mom's favorite niece! (I probably have already told you that though.)
I miss you, too.