Thursday, December 16, 2010

Book of Mormon

As some people know, I have been having a very hard time with my testimony lately.  I won't go into all of the reasons right now.  About a week ago the missionaries visited our family and gave us the first discussion.  They challenged us to read at least part of the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  This morning, as I was getting the kids breakfast, I decided it was a good time to look for the mp3's I have of the Book of Mormon and turn it on.  I think I am going to do this more often.  I am going to make a goal right now to listen to the Book of Mormon on the way to or from work at least 3 days a week.  This means putting off my Dave Ramsey pod casts, but I am up to this challenge and Dave can wait for a little while.  I'm not sure this will help, but it couldn't hurt. Right?

2 comments:

Jami said...

It will help. When I had to do some serious repenting once upon a time, I was doing everything in my power to get the spirit back in my life. I listened to nothing but hymns on my way to and from my second job downtown and read my scriptures every night and to this day I hold onto that and am actually thankful for the opportunity I had to repent in the first place. Otherwise I wouldn't have done any of the above. I think you'll notice a big difference if you stick with it. :)

Mistaken said...

It will definitely help. If nothing else, it will bring back the familiar spirit that you will help you during this time. Love you!!!!