Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Faith of My Girl

I must start this off by explaining that about 2 weeks ago a family member (I'm not sure if I am still allowed to call him my nephew) lost his battle with cancer.  Since the funeral, the kids have asked me several questions about death and his illness.  I have done my best to let them know that they can ask me any questions about it or anything else that is going on around them.
Just now, while eating lunch, my sweet girl says, "Mom, I know what a casket is."
I calmly responded, "Yes.  Unfortunately, you do."
She looks at me seriously and says, "What?  Jesus will resurrect him."

4 comments:

Jami said...

Moments like that make you feel like you're doing a good job as a parent. And, if Matt and I were to ever divorce, I'd still consider his family my family. But, I like them. ;)

Druciana said...

I like John's family. I feel like they are still family. I just don't want to cross any lines that may be drawn now due to the divorce.

Jami said...

As long as you're not the one drawing the lines, does it matter? Surely his family doesn't blame you for what HE did?

Druciana said...

I don't think that they do, but I also don't know who's side of the story they know. I remember how my dad's family was when my parents were divorced. They weren't unkind, it was more of a she is no longer a part of our family kind of thing.