Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The End of an Era

When I was 16, my mom had a Toyota Tercel.  She bought it earlier that year brand new.  In October, she decided that she couldn't make the payments and told me that if I could pay for it, I could have it. I worked a lot for the rest of high school to make the payments on my little car. 
Now, here I am, 32, with my little car sitting in my driveway, not able to run safely. I have put about $2000.00 into it to try to get it to run properly (I have a suspicion that the mechanic may have something to do with that).  I gave up on trying to get it to run almost a year ago.  Due to my emotional attachment to the darn thing, I talked about selling it, but never did anything about it.


 Last night, a man came to my door to ask me about my car.  He said that he used to have one and would like another one.  I told him how long it had been sitting and the reasons why.  He still wanted it!  Before I knew it, my precious little car was sold.  I am more excited about that than I expected!  It is one big step to getting rid of more clutter.

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

Wow, that's a huge step for you. Congratulations

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Nathan remembers going several places in that car...

:)

Druciana said...

I'm sure he does. We went everywhere in that car!

Mrs T said...

Even I have a ton of memories in that car...