Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Poor Girl

Last week, Noel had the flu.  She was running a fever off and on for a few days and had a cough. She went without a fever for three days (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday). Then, yesterday when I was making her lunch and getting her ready for school, all of a sudden she had a fever again and the cough was worse than it was last week.  I took her to the doctor and found out that she now has pneumonia. I was quite concerned when I was told this and felt awful for not taking her to the doctor last week.  The doctor assured me that the wouldn't have done much last week because she had the flu, which is a virus, at that time. They gave her a nebulizer treatment to see if her oxygen levels could get up to a more acceptable level.  When that worked, they gave me prescriptions for two antibiotics and one for the nebulizer (thank goodness I still have one from 2 years ago when she was sick).  Last night was difficult, but she seems to already be perking up.  I am hoping that when I take her back in today, they will say that she is improving at the rate they want or better.

The fun part for Noel is the dinosaur mask they gave her for the nebulizer.

2 comments:

taradon said...

Poor Noel! I hope she recovers quickly!

Mrs T said...

That hurts my heart. Poor kid. give her a squeeze for me. :)