Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting Back on Track

I have made some decisions lately that make me feel like I am getting my life back on track.  I think that if I can get me straightened out, it will make life easier for my kids. These are the decisions I am starting to make:
  1. I am going to pay tithing.  I have struggled with this my entire adult life.  I fee like it is something I need to do however.
  2. I starting having family home evening with my kids.  I am realizing that they don't remember the basic stories that they learned when they were little.  They seem to not remember how to be reverent during prayer either.  I am also using it as a time to play with the kids and answer questions that they may have (last night was all about them wanting a puppy).
  3. I am putting more effort into my job.  I don't want to be there forever, but since I don't have another job in sight, I am trying more and hoping for a promotion or schedule change.
  4. I am trying to find more time for alone time with each kid.  They need the attention and are asking for the alone time.  It is the least I can do for them.
  5. I am scheduling my personal chores throughout the week so that I make sure everything gets done.  My poor dog doesn't get bathed as much as she should be and I am not good at keeping track of what I have and haven't done.  Most people would probably say that this is simple and easy to do, but I have never been the best at keeping my house the way I really want it.
  6. I am going to budget each paycheck and pay attention to my spending.  I have done a lot of listening to Dave Ramsey's pod cast in the last year or so.  I wanted to implement changes in the out goings of money before, but didn't get much cooperation.  I now have no one else to answer to or someone that would have to answer to me.  The more healthy my budget gets, the better I can get the things for my kids that they need like clothes and food.
I am hoping that by making these changes life will get easier for the kids and me.  I am feeling positive about the changes I have already put into place and the ones that I am just starting. My kids are more important to me than anything in the world, and I know if I take care of me, I will be able to better take care of them.

3 comments:

Jami said...

See, you can do this! Good for you! Those sound like awesome, life-altering changes and I know they'll help you so much. You're including the Lord in your parenting stradegy and life-plans and that's the best thing you can ever do if you want to head in the right direction. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. :)

Mistaken said...

Those are fantastic goals! I know you can do it. I am happy to help anyway I can. We could even do some more challenges together if you want.

Krista said...

I'm so proud of you. You are an incredibly strong and beautiful woman. Prayers and love from far away. :)