Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dates With Mom

At the beginning of the week, with with advise of both my ex and current husbands (who knew they would agree on anything), I started a reward system where the kids could earn a date night me. I got out an empty jar for each of them to decorate and told them when the jars were full, I would take them out for some one on one time. I made pom poms at the end of the day. The more good choices they made, the bigger the pom pom. I was a good idea, but I may have made those a bit big. All three kids earned a date with mom already. I took Sean out last night, and will be taking Eric this afternoon followed by Noel tonight. They all chose to go to Dairy Queen. This could be pricy. I am going to have to find something smaller to fill these jars. The idea was supposed to be me taking them out about once a month. At least it was a good kick off to the reward system though.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I don't know if the reward system was the goal or if spending more time with them was, but we've done that. Only we just said once a month, you'll get a date with one of the parents. We'd trade who took who and we'd have a budget so we always knew what we were going to spend. We also tried to find free things to do. It was fun! (Now if we could just get back into that... haha)