Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Dad

My dad has always given a great example of work in my life. When I was a teenager, my dad was a single father. He was depressed a lot, but he didn't give up. He continued to do housework; laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. For leisure, he learned to cross stitch and made beautiful cross stitches of all of the temples he had been to at that time which made our home more beautiful. He went to work early in the morning so he could be home for us kids not long after we got home form school. He taught us that if we want something, we have to work for it. My brother, sister and I all had jobs at 16 and used the money for things that he didn't see as necessities. He loved us, and we knew that. As an adult, I went through some of the same struggles my dad did. I asked him what he did to stay positive. (I didn't see the depression.) He told me that he just kept busy taking care of us kids and the house. It has been and continues to be such a wonderful blessing to have him as my father!
My dad and Noel
September 2008

No comments: