Saturday, March 25, 2017

We Are Not Alone

https://mormonsoprano.com/2015/04/11/home-the-movie-and-life/
We were never meant to navigate through this world without guidance. We have a loving Heavenly Father that not only is willing to help us when we are struggling, He is waiting for us to ask him for help and follow His commandments. If you think about it, our part is easier in comparison. (We do not have as many people to talk to.)
Look at the story of David and Goliath. David was facing a daunting task. He did not run from it. He trusted that the Lord would guide him in his fight to the death. When his abilities were questioned he said, “…The lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine…”  By following the guidance of the Lord, David was able to kill Goliath with is first shot (he used a sling shot and smooth stones).
Later in life, David needed direction on where to go in battle. He once again relied on the Lord. In 2 Samuel 5: 23, it says, , “And when David inquired of the Lord, he said Thou shalt not go up, but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.”  
 I can honestly say, I have and probably will never have to fight a real giant to the death, but I have had to struggle with problems I thought were too big to face including divorce, financial struggles, and the death of my mom and brother. One thing that I learned from these struggles was that I can't get through them on my own. I have to rely on my Heavenly Father. I know that I will not always get specific directions like David did in 2 Samuel, but He will direct me in the way that is best for me and the situation I am in at the time. 
I am so thankful to have a loving Heavenly Father who is willing and able to help me navigate though life when I am willing to ask for help and choose the right.

No comments: