Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Have to Get it Off My Chest

I am taking a break from Facebook. Why? Because when someone posted a meme comparing NFL players refusing to stand for the National Anthem to Rosa Parks, I was livid. My first thought was (and still is), "How dare they compare a group of millionaires that received a free ride to college to a true American hero who was actually oppressed?" I will not post this opinion on Facebook because I am a coward and fear the backlash of the people who post such memes. I do feel that the men who earn millions of dollars showing their talents to the world do deserve the income that they make, and I hope they are smart enough with that money that they will be able to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, but I do not think that they are oppressed in any way. Is this me being naive? Maybe. It will take a lot of convincing with many examples to change my opinion. Until either that happens or my poor brain calms down, I will stay away from Facebook and the claims that this is more than just a bunch of pampered stars having a fit.

1 comment:

Mistaken said...

Facebook can be very frustrating. I find that instead of giving up all of Facebook, because there are great parts, I just choose to unfollow or hide certain groups, people, or posts. I try to follow groups and people that post uplifting and inspiring things and then I can get my fill. I also try to make sure i post things that are uplifting and loving as well. I don't always, but I try. You have to take care of you. So whatever that means for is is right. Love you