Wednesday, July 20, 2022

I Passed!

 I have taken a few hard classes over the years. So far, Research Methods had been the hardest by far! I totally failed the class during the fall semester and decided to take it again this semester. Each week, I dreaded the assignments as I tried to bend my brain the way it needed to go. I tried to understand the concepts being taught and incorporate them into the big paper due at the end of the semester. I participated in every discussion trying to understand it better. Then, I would take the 200 point exam every 4ish week and fail it. Each time I would lose a letter grade. It was deflating. I felt like all of the work I had done was for nothing, but I kept on going. As life tried to get in the way, I kept in contact with the teacher to try to make sure I didn't fall further behind. 

Today, when I got off of work, I sat at the table with my laptop, a pencil, and some paper to study. For the next few hours, I went through all of the chapter quizzes and took notes making sure to look up any questions I had wrong. Then, I went through the study guide and took notes. Then, after dinner, I sat down to take the test. Sixty questions. Open book. One Hour. I prayed to be able to recall the information I had learned through the semester as well as the many hours today. This test would determine if I would pass or fail, and I really didn't want to have to take the class for a third time. 

In the end, I passed with a C. My final grade for the class is 75%. I have never worked so hard for a C in my life!


No comments: