Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Proud of Myself


For Valentines Day, Chad got me a cheese board that I have wanted for a while. It is beautiful, and I love it. The problem is that I was having a hard time finding just the right time to use it. I was going to use it for Mother's Day, but I forgot to buy stuff for it. (I know. Typical Rosa.) I considered it for Memorial Day, but we had so many left overs from Sean's party that we just had that all weekend. That means that July 4th was my next chance to celebrate with charcuterie arrangement. 

Since I had to work, I had to send Chad to the store with a list. Thankfully, I can do this without worrying. It is just something we usually do together, so I wasn't a fan of just sending him to the store. He did a good job picking out the perfect fruit. When the cheese was out that I had on the list, he found a better cheese. It was actually the one I wanted. I just wasn't sure if he would be able to find it.

When I got off work, I washed my hands, got out a knife and cutting board, and went to work on my master piece. I am not normally the person who likes doing this kind of thing, and I have said in the past that I wasn't going to get sucked up into this trend. Just like when I have said this in the past, I got sucked in as everyone seems to be walking away from it. Really, it was more fun than I though it would be. An added plus was that I was able to serve a bit of something that everyone liked. No one complained. We had pleasant conversation where we laughed and joked with each other. It was such a pleasent experience that I hope to not wait for a "special occasion" to do this again. 



No comments: