Thursday, April 25, 2024

Sprouts

 


A few weeks ago, I planted seeds in egg cartons we had saved for the past few months. I now have a bunch of sprouts. The first sprouts were dill and corn. Since then, oregano, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, onions and zucchini have sprouted. I have high hopes for pickling cucumbers and green beans will show up soon. 

I will be clearing space in the yard this weekend, and I will start hardening the plants next week. The basic rule of thumb for planting in Colorado is to wait until after Mother’s Day. I should be able to plant everything the week after that. I get off work early enough to be able to plant for an hour or two before making dinner each day until everything is planted in the ground. Hopefully, it will only take one or two days. 

No comments: