Monday, September 7, 2009

Seriously?

The question has been asked, "Why would they need a graveyard shift at Dish Network?" All I could think of was all the lonely men out there ordering pay per views in the middle of the night. First off, I have to say, I have had as many calls from women as I have from men over the last two nights in regards to that. The thing that has surprised me though is the number of calls I have been getting about bills. I mean seriously, it seems like the perfect time to call and complain that a person can't pay their bill and it is totally unfair to have services suspending for not paying said bill (or should I say bills since they are usually about 2 months past due or have never completely paid their bill in full) is at about 3 am. OK, so you may be saying, "It isn't 3 am all over the country when it is 3 am here in Denver." I know that, but seriously last night we had call after call with little or no down time from about midnight until we got of at 5 am. To me it seemed like the majority of the people calling in were mad that their services had been interrupted sometime in the middle of the night.

One exceptionally crazy lady had already received so many credits on her account in the last few months that she was paying very little for her bills. She had made a payment on Saturday and was absolutely appalled that her cash payment that she had paid at Walmart had not posted to her account. I told her that it could take a few more days, and she insisted that I look up her payment by receipt number. (There is actually not a way for me to do that.) She barely let me talk enough to get her name out of her and eventually asked to talk to my supervisor so she could report me for not doing my job. My joy came when I heard him say, "You know Charlie (speaking of the founder and C.E.O. of the company)?" It seems as though she told him that she had spoken to the highest up person in the company and was supposed to get things a certain way. I don't know what all happened after that, but it made me giggle to myself.

The thing is, yes, Dish Network is open 24 hours a day, but who in their right mind is more concerned about weather or not they can watch TV than sleeping at those hours?

2 comments:

taradon said...

Yikes... go to bed, people!

Cara said...

Great question! People are crazy!