Friday, December 4, 2009

A Bit of Catching Up

I know it has been a long time since I have written, but I have had a busy couple of weeks.  There have been things here and there that I have thought would make good blog enties, but time escaped me, so am going to do my best at condensing them into one post.  Please bear with me.

First off, Tanksgiving week was pure torture for the mom who works all night.  The boys were out of school all week, and Eric is not used to the rules of the morning since he really only has to deal with them on Satudays when John is home to help keep them quiet and busy so that I can sleep.  That means that the mornings were loud.  The afternoon was filled with friends because that is what the did all summer and expected to be able to do again.  The good news is that the kids rooms got cleaner.  The bad news is that I got in trouble at work for sounding tired on the phone.  I will have to figure out something else for Christmas break.

The next thing I wanted to write about was something I saw that was actually quite sweet.  A few days  ago, I had been having a difficult day with the kids.  The last thing I wanted to do was go to the school to bring my almost 8 year old clean pants.  I was at the end of my rope.  Then I witnessed a simple sweet act of kindness:  a little girl in Eric's was given a hand made hat with mittens to match.  She was so excited.  After she left the office and went back to class, I heard the explainations.  The little girl lives in a home with a large family and all of the kids come to school in handed down coats with no hats of gloves every winter. There were bags of hats and mittens donated by a local grandma for the kids at the school who needed them.  Just seeing the look on that little girl's face made me have to hold back my tears.  Hearing about the generousity of the annonymous grandma made it even sweeter.

I had other things, but I will leave it on a sweet note.

1 comment:

taradon said...

That IS a sweet note. What a lovely thing for that woman to do!