Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Big Difference

As my house gets cleaner, I have noticed a big difference in my moods. I am not a slob by nature, but my house has getting worse and worse since I started working. It has been mostly the kids stuff, and I just had given up on trying to get them (especially Noel) to pick up after themselves.

Last week my good friend, Melissa, introduced me to Chore Wars. At first, I thought it would just be a fun way for her and I to compete. As I looked at it more, I found it would be great to motivate my kids help out around the house. My boys spent a lot of the morning running around cleaning today. I woke up to a clean dining room (they even cleared my decorations off the table to make sure it was clean), the back door was free of dog prints, the front of the oven was clean, and the entertainment center dusted. The best part is, the boys are cleaning up the dog poo in the back yard (YAY)!

I don't know if my better mood is because my body is starting to get used to my meds or the house being cleaner or just the fact that they kids are letting me sleep (they are just too busy cleaning to bug me). No matter what it is, I am glad that I am feeling better the last few days.

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you too! It's awesome! Sarah's not really in to it but she is always cleaning anyway. She just doesn't care about the game. She hates competition.
I love this chore wars. I've added in exercise now. I'm going to log in to your party and start competing with you. hee hee

Mistaken said...

Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you too! It's awesome! Sarah's not really in to it but she is always cleaning anyway. She just doesn't care about the game. She hates competition.
I love this chore wars. I've added in exercise now. I'm going to log in to your party and start competing with you. hee hee

Lady Carolyn said...

That's great!

taradon said...

Yay! A clean house and happy mom... sounds like the beginnings of a great Christmas! :)