Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I have been wanted to get something planted in my almost empty flower garden for about a month or so (you know since around the time I needed to start planting).  Today I took the kids to Wall-Mart to get a few groceries that were much needed and decided that today was the day to get those seeds. 

I like planting seeds because I feel a sense of accomplishment when they start showing their flowers.  It is so exciting from the time the start sprouting to the end of the season (I do get sad when they die).  The kids seem to be excited about the process too.  I let them each pick out their choice of flower seeds.  I wasn't real excited about the Mammoth Sunflowers that Sean picked, but I told them they could pick what they wanted.  Noel chose some red sunflowers, and Eric picked marigolds. 

The part that I am most excited about is that I will actually have a vegetable garden this year!  I put some potting soil in some paper cups and planed corn, carrots, tomatoes, and watermelon (I know watermelon is a fruit, but it goes in the same garden).  My next plan of action is to start clearing and readying an area in the back yard for these.  I will hopefully get that ready in the next few weeks.  I cant wait until I can harvest my own food!

2 comments:

Druciana said...

@Tara
I clicked on the wrong thing and lost your comment. I'm hoping to do as well this year as I have the last few years.

Mistaken said...

That's awesome! I keep saying I'm going to start one. We have an area in the back yard that we keep weeded but we still haven't planted anything yet. We are finishing our back yard tomorrow so maybe that will motivate me.