Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Did June Go?

I know...June has basically passed and no one knows what is happening in my world.
To start off, we were blessed by the generosity of John's brother and sister-in-law with a new vehicle so that we no longer had to share the one car that didn't even fit the whole family (just in time so that would have to figure out the bus schedule from Brighton to Thornton).  Now we have two reliable vehicles including one that fits everyone!  It feels so go to not be stranded when John is at work!

My last week on the graveyard shift, I tried to have fun with my kids.  We set up the pool in the front yard , went for a picnic lunch in the park, watched the seeds sprout, and went to the zoo (which would not have been possible without the generosity in the above paragraph). At the end of the week, we had a huge hail storm that killed just about every thing we had growing as well as damaged our windows (that part was not fun). 

That brings us to June 12 (aka. the day we had ticket for the U2 concert).  Since the U2 concert has been postponed for about  a year, John and I went to the Renaissance Festival, and my sister was nice enough to take the kids for the day.  We all had fun.  John was able to get a musical instrument that he had been eying for years, and I got a pair of handcrafted boots.

Since then we have been getting used to my new schedule.  It has not been easy.  The first week of me waking up at the time I was used to getting off of work was an exhausting and cranky week.  Now that I am in week three, it has been getting better.  John has been getting used to being the one getting the kids ready, dropping them off  and picking them up.  He also has to take care of them by himself on Saturdays (poor baby).  The kids love going to Asher's and Rachel's and playing with their Aunt Rachel, so the real hard part for them has been waking up at 6am

The exciting thing that happened was Eric and Sean finally learn how to ride their bikes.  I took them out that first Tuesday on the new shift.  Eric took to it right away.  I had to steady him to get him started for a little while, but he even got the hang of that after a little while.  Sean was so scared that he would fall it took him a bit more practice, but he had the hang of it by the time John got home from work. I had worked with them a lot last summer until they had flat tires, and Eric was close, but I was starting to think Sean would never believe in himself enough to do it (that was really all he needed).  I am so proud of my boys!

1 comment:

taradon said...

Glad to see your update! It seems like every time I see you at church, I don't have a chance to actually stop and talk, since I'm running off to teach Primary or gather up kids or something. What a wonderful family to help you guys out with the 2nd car you needed so badly!