Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Shift

I was told my new shift on Friday when I got to work.  I am a bit excited because I won't be as tired anymore, but I am nervous as well for many other reasons.  I was chosen for the flex shift meaning I will be working four nine hour days and be scheduled the other four hours on one of my days off.  My regular shift will be 7am to 5pm Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off.  I am glad that I will have time during the week to be with my kids (it think).  I am really glad to be getting Sunday off, but I am worried that my random four hour shift will be on Sunday while I am supposed to be at church with my kids.  I really want my kids to have the benefits of going to church, and I am the only one that takes them.  I am worried about feeling like I don't get to see my kids on the days that I am working because I will be getting home only an hour and a half before they go to bed.  I need to get the information for the after school program before school starts back up.  I know that is two and a half months away, but it will drive me crazy if I don't at least try to get things started for that.  I really need to know if got into the preschool program at our elementary school so that I know how to plan for the future (not knowing yet it driving me crazy, so I will be checking my mail box daily until we get that letter).  I hope my kids will do OK in this transition.  I know that John and I can adapt where needed.  I am very grateful for my sister-in-law that will be once again watching my kids this summer!

3 comments:

Jami said...

That sounds like a great schedule! I'm glad you're happy. Good luck with all the things you need to line up, I hate the waiting game, too. It stinks to have to rely on others before you can make your next move. :)

taradon said...

It sounds like the new schedule will be good. It will be nice to be able to sleep nights again! I can get you some info about the afterschool program at the elementary school. Haley goes there and we love it! I'm waiting impatiently for the preschool letter, too!

Druciana said...

@ Tara. I was hoping to be able to get that information from you. I was going to ask at church, but I didn't see you there.