Thursday, July 21, 2011

Goals...Here I Go Again

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I want my life to be.  I want a clean house. I want to get down to 145 pounds at least. I want my kids to know that I am the boss. (I know good luck on that one.) I want to get a degree so that I can make a future for my kids and me. Since I haven't been able to get to sleep lately, I decided last night to make some small goals to help me achieve a few of my bigger goals.  I am also working on some with a friend of mine and her mom in a contest where the loser does a small act of service for the winner. I put these goals on paper and found a nice folder dedicated to goals.  It is a bright orange folder sitting on my desk (if that doesn't remind me to do them, I don't know what will). I have, also, decided to report my progress on my blog to make me more accountable for my goals (it worked a few years ago).


My first big goal is to have a cleaner house (it is cleaner than it was a year ago, but still not clean enough). What I have done to help me accomplish this is I made a morning and night to do list. Each list has four things on them that I need to get done daily. They aren't big, but they are a start and with the way I am, I will most likely do more than what is on these lists. I will be happy to get them done however. I am going to reward myself in some way. I just haven't decided on the reward yet.

The other big goal that I am going to work on is weight loss. I know I say this a lot. I have a few motivating factors right now. First of all, I can no longer wear the clothes that I was so excited to fit back into a few months ago. I know this is my fault. My habit have slipped recently. I need to get back to portion control and exercising.  My other motivating factor is that my boyfriend is working very hard at losing with this goal. (Yes, I admit it, I am more motivating when people around me work on the same goal.  I'm sure I am not the only one.) To accomplish this goal I am doing a few things. My friend and I have two goals in our contest that will help, exercise and eating veggies. I have also made of goal of having only one Dr. Pepper a day. I know I should cut it out completely, but I can't do that right now. I am going to have to slowly wean myself of the stuff.

When I reported weekly before I was reporting on Mondays because that was what was most convenient at the time. I will try to report on Thursdays this time because that will be the end of my "weekend."

2 comments:

taradon said...

Good luck!

Jami said...

Can I tell you something that's worked wonders with our kids - Love and Logic. There are classes you can take, most often for free, and so many books at the library for (seriously) easy reading. It's helped so much in the respect area and so many other areas. It's helped their confidence, too. :) Good luck on these, this is so awesome! I'm so proud of you for moving forward when life has tried so hard to get you down. Go you!!!