Wednesday, September 14, 2011

EEK!

I don't need to have the weather change for me to know it is fall. I get mice in my house to remind me. In the past, there was a cat in my house to kill vile things. This year, however, I have no cat (she moved out in January with her owner). With no cat in the house, the mice are worse this year than in the past. I have nest in my closet. It has made me scared to go into the closet because, well, they scare me. Last week, when getting something out of my pantry, a mouse saw me and ran back down the shelves and freaked me out. My solution to that, I spent 4 hours cleaning out the pantry and getting rid of the food they had gotten into. I now have nothing in the pantry that the mice can get into. I, also,  got some poison and put it next to the nest. So far, I have found 3 dead mice and threw them  away in the trash where they belong. I have seen a few more scurrying away, and I will get them, too. My plan this weekend while my kids are with their dad and after I get off work is to pull everything out of my closet and see what in there needs to be thrown out and get it vacuumed and the walls scrubbed. The nest will be gone! I am not going to let them win! This is my home!

No comments: