Sunday, November 13, 2011

Making a Better Me

I have been working lately on making a better me. I was inspired by a Relief Society lesson the last time I went to the Stanley Lake Ward about to-do and to-be lists. I have goals in life that I will not reach if I just sit around doing nothing to better myself (that is where the to-be list come in). I am working on spiritual, physical, and educational goals (the to-do lists). I know I do this a lot, and when things get hard, I seem to quit and go back to the way I was.

First of all, I am working on being more spiritual. I am reading my scriptures every morning. I want to read the entire Book of Mormon again. I am not going to push myself to finish by a certain time. That just stresses me out and makes me stop. I am just going to sit back and read. I can feel the change in my attitude as I do this already.

My next goal is physical. That is where the working out comes into play. I am going to finish this eight week program that I started. I don't know if I will lose weight, but I know I will be stronger by the time I am done.

My last goal is educational. I am going to earn my Associates in Business. I am not dwelling on my mishaps in the past, even if it effects my grade right now. I am not looking forward to see what I will need to do in coming weeks. I know that will just stress me out. My plan is to just take it one week at a time.

I know that by working on these to-be and to-do lists I will be a better mom, sister, friend, employee, and most importantly, a better ME.

3 comments:

Mrs T said...

Those sound like good, attainable goals! Awesome! what is your 8 week program?

Druciana said...

The 8 week program is a box fit program on the biggest loser challenge for the wii

Jami said...

That is just awesome! I'm glad you're seeing a difference, already, in the spiritual area - funny how once you get that area going, the rest sort of falls into place. ;) This is exciting!