Saturday, March 31, 2012

Morning Adventure

This morning, while taking my kids to Grandma's and Grandpa's house so that I could go to work, my wheel started wobbling. I stopped the van, got out, and checked the tire that seemed to be the problem to see if it was flat (I thought that was a reasonable conclusion). The tire was not flat, so I decided to continue my journey. As I got closer to my destination, it shook more and more. I slowed down and hoped that I would make it to the Crumpleys' house so I could explain what was going on and, hopefully, be on my way to work. About a mile away from my safety point, I heard a very loud pop and my front driver's side wheel flew past my window as the car skidded slowly to a stop. All of the kids were in the car (which is what made it more scary). Noel's response from the back was, "What was that?" Eric started shaking and talking about how scary it was.  Sean had the more humorous response. He said with all of the enthusiasm imaginable, "Did you see how high that went?" I, then, proceeded to call Rob to rescue me. As he was on his way, I called my loving husband who offered to call in to work to help me. Luckily, Rob was able to make arrangements to get me to work and offered to work on my car while I was working. Chad picked up the kids after work (have I mentioned how much I love that man). Marleah (the best sister EVER) picked me up from work and let me hang out with her until Chad could pick me up. My day started out interesting, and became a lesson in how much I am loved by many people.

1 comment:

Mrs T said...

You really are! That was an exciting morning. I hope the next ones are nice and boring for you. LOL