Thursday, April 12, 2012

Goals

It is no secret that I struggle when it comes to reaching goals. There are so many things that I want to do in life. The problem is that I don't have the time to do it all now. I do have time to do a few things though. I know I have to concentrate on the things that are most important right now. I have decided the important things to me right now are finishing school, teaching my children the gospel, building my Pampered Chef business, and losing weight.

I have been working on losing weight. I have been walking the dogs more often with my husband. I have been eating less. My happy news about my weight is that last Friday when I weighed myself, I finally got down to 170! I have been working towards this goal for about a year. Somehow I was able to get down to 171, but then I would start gaining back. Now I am down to 170.  Woo! Hoo! Now on to 165!

I successfully completed my last term without giving up. That is a big step for me. When I got to the point that the classes were getting harder and more overwhelming and I wasn't sure if I could do it any more, my wonderful husband encouraged me and let me bounce ideas off of him for the papers I was writing. I am on Spring Break this week, so I get to rest my mind for a bit before I start my new classes on Monday. I would like to get B's or better this time around. I tried for it last term, but fell short of my goal. I am going to work harder this time to succeed on my goal.

My kids are being given messages about how bad religion in general is, especially my religion. I can tell by the way the act when at church or when church matters are brought up. I have the kids most of the time. I need to have a greater influence on them. I need to do my job as a mother to tech my children about Jesus and what He did for us. I hurt my heart on Sunday while the speakers were talking about the resurrection, my oldest child told me he didn't believe any of it was true and there was no point to what they were saying. The gospel has always been a part of my life. I need my kids to learn the things that I hold so dear to my heart.

When it comes to my Pampered Chef business, I had gotten discouraged last month and let it get me down. I need to get it built up so that I can stay home with my kids and give them the attention that they deserve. I am tired of working to pay for daycare and gas and insurance. I really don't feel like I am making any money once those things are paid for. In fact, my husband I I think that it may cost more for me to work than it would for me to quit, but I need to build up my business before I can quit my job because I have to make the money to pay for gas and insurance at very least.

I am going to do my best at updating my goals still. I believe that the things that I am concentrating on are what are most important to me and my family.

My goals for this week:
  1. Walk the dogs 3 times
  2. Start my assignments Monday
  3. Read scriptures to the kids before their nightly story
  4. Book at least one more show

No comments: