Saturday, September 27, 2014

Associates Degree? Yes, please!

I finally got it! I finished classes in July, and a few days ago this was delivered by UPS:
I went trough a lot in the process of earning this degree. It took me 5 years to complete. In that 5 years I faced a lot of trials and triumphs. This degree is physical proof that I can overcome what is put before me. There are people who encouraged me and kept me going, of course. Without them, I would have given up. My sister was my cheerleader from the day I told her I signed up for classes and even gave me a place to study  on the lonely weekends after my divorce when I needed it. My friends, Melissa and Suzi, continually told me I was smart enough (the words I REALLY needed to hear prior to and during my divorce). My wonderful husband encouraged me and supported even before we started dating to continue working even though I didn't think I had it in me. He was there for me when I was kicked out due to my grades, and when I decided I would fight to get back in and finish. He was there for me when it was getting late on Saturday nights (the nights my assignments were due) to remind me that I was good enough and deserved to finish. Many times he told me that I was too good to give up. I frustrated him, he frustrated me, but he never let me quit. 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I recently graduated too. It's so much harder to do when you have kids, but I hope it was worth it for both of us. :)