Monday, June 13, 2016

"We Believe As We...Make and Keep Sacred Covenants"

When I was a 12 to 18 years old, I was in a wonderful organization called Young Women. In my early 20's, I had the privilege to serve in the presidency with the best girls ever. Every Sunday for the years I was either a girl participating or a leader assisting, we recited the theme of the Young Women. It has changed slightly since then, but the lessons I learned from it remain the same.
http://robbygurlscreations.blogspot.com/2011/03/young-women-manual-2-lesson-41-optimism.html
Making and keeping sacred covenants is near the end, but that doesn't mean it is not important. A covenant made with God is sacred. It is a two way promise; we promise to follow His teachings; He promises to give us blessings. The wonderful part of these covenants is that He doesn't break his part of the promise. In Doctrine and Covenants 82:10, the Lord promises, "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."
When we perform ordinances in the temple, we make covenants with the Lord. In The Power of  Covenants, Eler D. Todd Christofferson says, "If we are faithful to the covenants make there, we become inheritors not only of the celestial kingdom but of exaltation, the highest glory within the heavenly kingdom, and we obtain all the divine possibilities God can give." Isn't this amazing! By making and keeping sacred covenants, we can receive the ultimate eternal rewards. Can we really ask for more? 

No comments: