Monday, May 29, 2017

Tender Mercy of this Week

I have been looking for more tender mercies in my life. As I have done this, I have not only been able to recognize the tender mercies in my life now, but also some of the tender mercies I was given in the past. Yesterday, while I was facilitating a self-reliance class, the circumstances of my divorce were revealed because I was explaining why I had to go back to work when my daughter was so young. As I explained this, I realized that meeting my current husband when I did and getting married when we did was a tender mercy. He is completely a different person than my ex-husband. He loves me unconditionally and respects me. For many years in my first marriage, I wished my husband would treat me the ways that my friends' husbands treated them. I longed to feel loved no matter if I finished my "chores" that day or not. I have that now. Meeting him and becoming friends with him as I was going through the divorce, and then marrying him about a year after filing was what I needed. I did not have the skills needed to take care of myself and three kids. Even though I was working, I needed him to help me learn to be the strong person I am today.