Sunday, February 11, 2024

Birthday Festivities



 I have been wanting to throw Chad a real birthday party for a while. This year was the year. If we can't celebrate 50, what can we celebrate? A few week ago I bought decorations and started really planning this party. I planned a game, food, drinks, and invited friends and family. 

Chad and I spent a good portion of our morning shopping for the party. First, we went to ARC to find a new punch bowl (this one has cups and a ladle with it), a pretty severing platter (Noel said I couldn't use the Girls Scout one I use for most things), and a couch cover. I was so excited to find a punch bowl and platter that matched. It was a very successful trip. (I think I have gotten to be pretty good at thrifitng.) Then, we went to the grocery store for the party food. I already had everything I needed to make the German chocolate cake including the frosting (a true sign that I love this man). We just needed chips, dip, veggies, cheese, crackers, and olives. There was a buy two, get three free sale on chips, so we got more than we would normally. There were various ecoupons and sales on many of the other items we needed as well. Overall, we spent a lot more than planned, but he only turns 50 once. 

When it came to party time, we had all of the kids in our home helping set up decorations and set up food. A lot of people showed up to celebrate this big day with Chad. They brought various treats and gifts. We played a game of "Who Knows Chad Best" in which I asked 11 questions and let them answer them either out loud or in their heads. Then, Chad would give the answers. I had each person keep score in their heads. Noel won. She only got one wrong. Chad's brother got second place with six correct answers. It seemed the main question people knew the answer to was where we met (at work in the Dish Network call center). They really tried to figure out the answers to questions, like what high school he graduated from, based on what they already knew about him. It was a fun game, and I wish I had more questions I could ask. 

I love Chad more than I ever thought possible. I am so glad that I could put this together for him and show him how much he is loved. 

No comments: