Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Chocolate is Hard

My main reason for having a goal of not eating chocolate is because I seem to be alergic to it lately.  Let's just say I have beening having problems for at least the last few month and it is just getting worse.  The thing is that even though I know this and I am grown up enough to dicipline myself when it comes to what I eat, it is still TORTURE that just about every candy has chocolate including the candy the family got from the Easter Bunny for Easter.  No matter where I go (home, work, store, etc.)  chocolate is there.  I love chocolate.  One of my favorite foods is chocolate chip cookies or even chocolate chips alone.  How could this have happen to me?  I am still in hopes that if I go without it for a while, I will be able to eat my beloved chocolate again.  It worked with milk when I was a teenager and a smaller kid.  Why not now with something that I like even more?

3 comments:

Jami said...

Wow, what makes you think you're allergic? (Like, what kind of reaction are you having?) I was thinking about it last night and realized I don't really have a specific weakness as far as a food type, like something I simply can't live without, but food in general seems to get me bad. lol Good luck! I've been praying for your success as I can see how hard it is for myself. Hope it helps! :)

Tera said...

When I was younger I HATED chocolate. I even had my grandma make me chocolate chips cookies minus the chocolate chips. Then, when I was pregnant with Jacob I began craving chocolate and have ever since. I think chocolate is a food group. When I was nursing Jacob, and Lauren too, they couldn't tolerate dairy, so I couldn't eat it then. It was torture. So, I understand your pain :( Good luck. It's hard going without chocolate.

taradon said...

Oh the pain of not having chocolate! I can't imagine! I hope that going without it for a little bit helps you get over your sudden intolerance.