Friday, April 23, 2010

When it Rains, it Poors

That not only summerizes the weather for the last few day, it summerizes the last few weeks in my life.  I was given the exciting news that I earned a 15% bonus for both of my checks this month!  I made plans to get the pets to the vet and pay down some medical bills.  I, also, started listening to Dave Ramsey in the last month and got really excited about getting moving on his plan.  We had money still in the bank from out tax return to get some things fixed on John's car.  That is when it all started.  We end up having to come up with the money to completely pay off the car instead (long story, don't want to get into it).  Luckily he came up with a solution to take care of that by borrowing from someone else.  Since we don't like owing people money, we decided to double the payment we were paying for the car to the person we borrowed the money.  Not a bad soultion if we have to go that route.  Then, last Wednesday, my car broke down...again.  I have had the engine replace twice in that car in the last year.  It is very frustrating!  I have had to get rides from a co-worker all week because of hang up #3.  My schedule was changed for the week for a training class meaning I had to be there by 3pm on the same days that I usually work.  I had to miss Noel's talk on Sunday and cried all the way home from church after dropping the kids off with a friend (one of the best friends ever that I wouldn't be able to make this week work at all without). I have been late twice because of the reliablity of the only person I knew going to this class.  I realized Monday or Tuesday morning that our heater is not working properly.  I wasn't a huge deal until yesterday morning when the house was cold for not just me.  I got the space heater out of my bathroom and put it in the living room so that the kids could be warm.  Today, I got a call from my ride (on the last day of this class) saying that he was in detox and wouldn't be aloud to get out until sometime this evening.  Great!  Luckily there was a solution to this one.  John will come home from work early so that I can take his car (the way that I would get there had my schedule not changed anyway).  Another good thing is that the rain is calming down a bit for now.  I am hoping it will stay calmed so that I can walk Sean to school and get home fairly dry.

2 comments:

taradon said...

I'm so sorry that so much rain is in your life right now! Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help. I can volunteer Aaron for rides if you need one on Thursdays or Fridays. He's home those days and there's an extra seat in the van. And I'm available on Saturdays or Sundays.

Druciana said...

Thank you! I think we will be ok with the ride situation now. I will be back on my regular shift tomorrow.