Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stressful Day

My day was so frustrating today.

It started with my 8 year-old being angry with me for making him a sandwich for lunch instead of packing cereal for him. It got to the point that he was yelling and screaming and crying because I made him pack the cereal for himself if he wasn't going to pack the lunch that I had made for him specifically. Once he calmed down from that fit, I got all the kids loaded up in the car. Then, the same child realized that he forgot his homework folder and book that he needed to bring to school. He demanded that I go get them off of the kitchen table. I calmly explained to him that he needed to go get them fast. He said I was a bad mom. The kids, then, ended up being late to school because of Sean's humongous fit.  My decision after dropping them off at school was that he will not be playing video games until his attitude gets better.

Work wasn't horrible for the most part. About a third of the way through, I got mad. I have been working hard. My stats are good for the most part. I have earned rewards. Someone who I feel didn't deserve a privilege that I have been trying to get, got that very privilege again. I was furious! My team leader agreed with me. I am going to go in a bit early tomorrow and talk to him again and make it known that I would like to be noticed for my sales at very least.

I vented to my wonderful husband on my way home from work and let it all out. I think I freaked him out a bit when I started crying. I am glad he just let me vent though. I kind of wish I was home when I was crying. I love being in his arms, and I know I would have felt better faster if i were in his arms instead of driving alone.

The good  news is that if these are my worst problems of the day, my life is better than it was 6 months to a year ago.

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

You're a good Mom. I hope you don't let the things kids say when frustrated get to you. It makes me so happy for you to see Chad is such a good match for you, Rosa. Love you guys!

taradon said...

Great perspective to remind yourself that even on a bad day, it's better than it was last year! Hope today is a better day.