Sunday, May 17, 2015

Bad Timing

I couldn't have chosen a worse week to get sick. My kids have a lot going on that I have to miss. Thursday night, instead of going to Sean's band and Noel's choir concert, I was lying in a hospital wondering if I was having surgery in the morning or having a blockage cleared to have surgery the day after. This morning, instead of going to see my daughter's cheer competition, I will likely be sitting at home in pain knitting and watching tv. I also had planned to help with Sean's 5th grade continuation bbq in a few days. I have a feeling I won't be able to do much there either since I have a 5 pound weight limit for the first few weeks.
I hate this. I love watching my kids perform their musical talents. I have put a lot of time and money into cheerleading. I missed Sean's first day of school because I had to work. I don't want to miss this too. I just want to be there to celebrate my kids' accomplishments.

No comments: