Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Shocked (Not in a Good Way)

On our way to the Mammoth (lacrosse) game on Saturday, I decided that since we were going to be very early, I needed to us the restroom, and I have been dealing with kidney pain for some time, I would turn right on the Spear Boulevard exit instead of left to search out a bathroom (there are shops and restaurants that direction). I got out in the rain at Subway to discover that I had to be a paying customer and ask for a key to use the bathroom. I drove a bit further down the street to Walgreens and once again braved the rain to be told that since the pharmacy was closed so were the public restrooms. I decided to wait until we met up with Chad's brother at the Pepsi Center and hope we could get in quickly (not only did I have to pee, it was raining very hard). On our way to the Pepsi Center, I saw something while sitting at the stoplight I hadn't seen since September 1996 at the corner of Federal and 29th (apparently when turning right off the highway, you are on 29th). I saw the funeral home that my mom and bother were taken care of after their death. I honestly had forgotten where it was and had no need to be there since the viewing. This shocked me. My heart sank. On the eve of Mother's Day I was reminded of the loss of my mom. I sure do miss her!

No comments: