Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Knitting

I have been knitting off and on since I was 11 and my mom asked her friend to teach me. When I was a stay-at-home mom, I made most of the baby shower gifts I gave and some wedding presents. I, also, made all the dish cloths in my home. When I went back to work, my knitting slowed down a lot. About a year and a half ago, my husband sat down with me when I was stressed out and needing to find an outlet and helped me to think of hobbies other than watching movies or TV. I mentioned that I really enjoyed knitting and would like to really start doing it again. He has been so supportive in me pursuing this passion.
A little over a year ago, I lady I worked with was making a wedding shawl. It was beautiful. I thought I could never make something like that. I didn't think my knitting skills were good enough. When I found out that she had only been knitting for about a year. This got me working more on expanding my knitting skills. I have yet to make a big beautiful shawl, but I have made two nice shawls, scarfs, hats, and started on a blanket and a pair of socks.
The more I knit, the more I love it!

No comments: