Monday, May 18, 2015

Many Helpers

Image result for christ in heaven
http://gregburdine.com/
I am so thankful for the many people who helped me when I was in the hospital and a little bit after I was released.
As soon as I found out that I was going to be admitted to the hospital, all I could think of was making sure the kids were taken care of. One of the first calls I made was to my kids' dad. He agreed to to pick up the kids from school, take Sean and Noel to their concert and record it, and take the kids home with him for the night (I called them in to school to dismiss them for a family emergency the next day). The following day, he printed up the papers need to sign the boys up for scout camp and to them to their scheduled appointments. The best part was he brought the kids to see me when he stopped by to get their insurance cards. He kept them one more night and dropped Eric off at a friend's birthday party and dropped of the other kids at home. He didn't have to agree to do any of this. He wasn't even going to have them this weekend, but he did it any way.
Another person I called right after being told I was not going home right away was my mother-in-law. I was pretty sure that Chad would not have been able to leave work to be with me since he had only been working at that job for about a week and a half. My mother-in-law is a nurse, and I felt like she would bee able to be my advocate if need be. She and my father-in-law came down as quick as they could. They also came down the following day and were there for me when I was taken to surgery and when I was brought back from recovery. I was nice that I didn't have to be alone.
After my husbands parents came to the hospital, I asked my father-in-law for a blessing. He agreed and asked me to find a second person for the blessing. I called the Tandbergs. Not only did he agree to assist with a blessing, she agree to sit with my primary class on Sunday. They were at the hospital quickly, and the blessing was giving right before the MRI that I had to determine if there was a blockage in my liver as well that would need to be cleared up prior to the gallbladder being removed.
After my in-laws left, the hospital chaplin stopped by and said a prayed for me that helped ease my nerves. He, also, stopped in real quick to make sure I was ok as I was getting ready to go to surgery.
My husband has been amazing since the text I sent him (before calling anyone else). He called as soon as he could. He tried to figure out if he could leave work to be with me. When he got off work, he took his work truck home, grabbed his car, and came to be with me as quickly as he could. Even though the fact that I had very little sleep and was made even more tired from the pain meds made me sleep on and off most of the time he was there. The day of the surgery, he came to get me as soon as possible as well. He got my meds from the pharmacy, went grocery shopping, and sacrificed sleep to take care of me.
After leaving the hospital, I have had ladies from church call or send facebook messages to check on me, meals were brought for three nights, and someone from church came by the house to pick up the papers to make sure the boys are all signed up for camp.
It is easy to sit and feel sorry for myself because my mom can't come to help me, but Heavenly Father has blessed me with many people in my life.

No comments: