Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Bread Plan


While I was a single mom, I made all of the bread for my family. I felt it was healthier and less expensive than store bought bread. My former mother-in-law gave me some of the supplies when I told her this as I picked up the kids after work one weekend (she often watched them when I needed help). I loved eating this bread and liked that I was putting less chemicals in my kids’ body. 

Now, we are trying to find ways to save money knowing child support will be done soon and wanted to set ourselves up for the future. Making bread is one solution I settled on. The ingredients aren’t that expensive, and I want to find ways to eat less chemicals again. Thankfully, Chad is an amazing baker and will be sharing the responsibility of doing this with me. Noel was very excited about this plan because she likes this kid of bread, too. 

After buying a few more bread pans (I was down to one), I got to work. I made my trusty bread recipe I got at church; it’s the same one I use for cinnamon rolls. By the end of the night, I had three light, fluffy loaves of bread. It made for a tasty breakfast. 

No comments: