Monday, March 18, 2024

Sourdough Bread

 


I made my first sourdough loaf this weekend after carefully working on the starter for almost two weeks. I found the recipe on TikTok, and carefully watched and rewatched it before and during the process. I was sure I was doing it wrong almost the whole time. It just didn’t look like the video until I was ready to let it ferment overnight. 

Yesterday morning, I preheated the dutch oven in my oven and baked it. When it was done, I put it on a plate on the island until I got home from church. I worried the whole time that it would be too dense. As I cut into it, I was happy to see that it was bubbly and soft. It isn’t as tangy as most sourdough bread I’ve tasted, but I’m ok with that. I’m not a huge fan of the strong tangy flavor of most sourdough. 

No comments: