Monday, March 11, 2024

Soap Time


I finally made soap again! It has been a few years, but I really do like this process. There is something fun and exciting about playing with oils and chemicals, and when it comes out right, it is so satisfying. 

I first made soap in 2020 when I was worried about losing my job and started an Etsy shop. After I closed down the shop, we used the soap as hand soap in the bathroom. Last time it was getting low, Chad tried his hand at making it, and it turned out lumpy and runny in places. When I went to take it out of the molds a liquid squirted out that burned my hand. That made me a bit scared to make it again. Plus, I wasn’t sure if the equipment was still good and was concerned I would have to get more. 

Well, I am in this phase right now where I want to make things for the household and see what will save us money in the long run. I don’t see myself using this in the shower, but I work from home and would welcome a different soap in the bathroom by the sink. I got paid on Thursday and needed to take Noel to Hobby Lobby for something for the dress she is making, so I grabbed some new molds while I was there. Once I was home, I inspected my equipment and ordered new gloves and more coconut oil (Chad uses it for his granola as well). It was all delivered today, so I took the chance to make soap after dinner. So far, I am pleased with the results, and I’m crossing my fingers I be even more happy when I take them out of the molds tomorrow. 




No comments: