Sunday, August 7, 2022

Reprieve From the Heat

There was a time when I would say I would love to live in Arizona because I could handle heat better then the cold because the coldest days cause me physical pain if I go outside in it. Those days are gone. This year, we have had a vey hot summer with more than 40 days over 90 including a handful of days over 100. It has really taken a toll on my body. 

We don’t have central air in our home. Instead we have 3 window AC units and some fans that have been struggling to keep the house cool enough to be comfortable. I have been trying everything I can remember from growing up without AC at all, but the house has continued to be a bit hot for my taste. We really have just needed a day of rain to cool us off. 

Over the past week, there were several days with at least a 10% chance of rain. I hoped each time that this would be the day we got a bit of a reprieve. It finally came yesterday. We had a very warm day where I was in my car with a broken air conditioner fat more than I would have liked. When I was done with the necessary running around, I went to bed for a nap with fans directed at me. By the time I woke up, Brighton had a storm coming in cooling us off considerably. It felt so good! 

Today, we have another chance of rain and are expected to have a high below 90. It doesn’t look like it will last long, but I am so happy for the reprieve!

No comments: