Saturday, January 21, 2023

Girls' Trip to the Temple

I got to go to the temple again today. This time it was with other ladies from church. There were five of us in the car, and we went to the endowment session together. I love going to the temple with my husband, but there is something about going with other women that gives me an experience that is enjoyable in a different way.

Since I started going back to the temple sometime after Chad and I were married, I have always done work for names that were submitted to the temple. This time I felt the need to find a name from my own family tree. Last night, I went online and found a name that needed work done. I printed it this morning before I was picked up. Alice M. Wilmot was the wife of my first cousin three times removed (the wife of my great-grandma's cousin). Even though I had not seen or heard her name before it came up as I was searching from someone who was ready for this step, I felt a connection to her that I have not felt other times when I have done endowments. This experience has given me the desire to find more ancestors to help in this way. 

No comments: