Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Finished Curtain

 

My finished curtain was finally hung! It needs to be ironed, but other than that, it is exactly what I imagined. 

I have been needing a covering for this window for many years. When I first moved in, there were only blinds that were partially broken. Those were thrown away a long time ago because Chad and I were worried about the kids' safety. I knew a lot of heat came through this big window in the summer and cold in the winter. I also hated that anyone could look right into my dining room. 

I got more serious about trying to find a solution for this large window earlier this year and decided I wanted to make something. After learning that linens were the number one thing thrown away at thrift stores, I decided I wanted to make something using thrift store items. I took Noel with me to help with my vision. We found two curtains that could be shortened and sewn together and a tablecloth that I loved as an overlay. The result is something that I love. I can't wait to make creations like this for more rooms!

No comments: