Sunday, August 30, 2026

Health Update

 

I went to the doctor for my yearly checkup a couple of weeks ago. For the most part, my health hasn't changed. My thyroid levels have been regulated on the same dosage for the last 5 or 6 years, and most of my blood work came back normal. I did have a few changes, though. My blood pressure is slightly high but not high enough for medication. I just need to take my blood pressure at least a few times a week. I am also slightly prediabetic. I was told to exercise more and change my diet. Basically, I need to lose weight. This isn't surprising. It was just a matter of time before my weight started causing health issues.

I don't have much of a plan to improve my health. I have tried in the past, but it's hard to stick to anything. The time I was the most successful I used an app on my phone to track my food and started running. I am considering doing that, but it will have to wait until after Labor Day because we will be out of town. It would be a lot easier to make changes if I wasn't on the road. I will have to figure something out. I don't want to have to deal with more medication for the rest of my life. 

No comments: