Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Help!

OK, I guess I need to confess something before I get to what I need help with. I suck at cleaning the bathroom. It is probably because I didn't really clean a bathroom much until I moved out. (Yes, Carrie that means that it was usually my turn, but I just wasn't going to get in the middle of you and Marleah blaming each other when the bathroom would get cleaned by one of you either way.) I know that I have been out of my dad's house for almost 11 years and this is pathetic. I think the other reason is that apartment bathrooms are so much easier to clean. The tubs and showers are so smooth on the bottom that the dirt comes right off.

Now for my need. I need some ideas on how to clean the bottom of my shower and the doors. The bottom of my shower is textured, and I can't seem to get the grossness out of that stuff. I have been using Scrubbing Bubbles and now have some white patches, but I can't seem to get the entire shower floor clean. The doors are covered in soap scum and I have tried many things that look good while I clean them, but the next time I look at them they are all white again.

**I will spare you the pictures of my gross shower.

4 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Two words MAGIC ERASER. They have cheap generic ones at Walmart. The enamel in our last shower was toast and looked awful if you blinked at it funny. The Eraser even got a rust circle from a thing of shaving cream.

The funny thing is I don't remember the bathroom squabbles. I am one of the few that love cleaning Bathrooms. I'll come clean your Bathroom if you wanna tackle my kitchen :)

Jami said...

I'm surprised Scrubbing Bubbles isn't working... have you tried Soft Scrub? That's what was recommended to me when I had a tub floor like you're talking about. I use Lysol 4 in 1 and it seems to do well.

Ann Marie said...

I'm anxious to read your comments, I could use these tips too. I'll be back!:)

One thing I always use for everything is the magic erasers. I let the water run and then when everything is wet, I pour Comet on it and then scrub with a magic eraser. Have you done that? Try it and let me know if it works. We recently got a new tub and that's how I cleaned it and looked great but I'm having a problem with this ring around the bathtub that won't come out. I'm wondering if it's just a shadow or the way I'm looking at it or something.
I'm just curious if someone has the magic trick! Good luck!

taradon said...

I'm going to try the Magic Eraser trick! I imagine I have the same shower floor you guys do (since our houses are from the same builder and so similar in layout) and I have the same trouble getting it completely clean. The Scrubbing Bubbles haven't cut it for me either.